You see the day I said “I do” was the beginning of the end. The start of a life time journey as a partner and becoming Mrs. Stephen Ray Novotny and the end to a self-centered life of my own. I was now devoted to the marital relationship promises I took previously those seated in the benches at my wedding event celebration, prior to God and prior to the guy I was devoting to have and to hold from that day forward, for much better or for even worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to treasure; from that day forward up until death do us part.
Date my spouse on a weekly basis even if it is just a long walk or out for coffee.
Winnie the Pooh once said “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never ever need to live without you.” I recognize he is only a charming little bear and he was probably informing this to Piglet but this quote happens to be one of my favorites when it pertains to my marriage.
You see the day I stated “I do” was the beginning of the end. The start of a life time journey as a wife and ending up being Mrs. Stephen Ray Novotny and the end to a selfish life of my own. I was now dedicated to the marriage swears I took in the past those seated in the pews at my wedding event event, before God and before the male I was dedicating to have and to hold from that day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to value; from that day forward till death do us part.
2021 marks the start of our 35th year of marriage, we will commemorate December 6th, 35 years of marriage– looking back I will be honest and say it has actually been harder than we dreamed but the experience has deserved every minute, every risk, every up and every down. We have grown more powerful, better and I can not think of life without him.
As I get in 2021 I have actually made my list of marriage News Year resolutions and want to challenge you to make your own list.
My 2021 Marriage New Years resolutions:
1. Have a servants heart towards my other half.
2. If it is simply a long walk or out for coffee, date my partner on a weekly basis even. (He gets coffee I fume chocolate).
3. Motivate him in verbal words, notes, e-mails and text messages (yes, he is a cool tech geek).
4. Hope together on a consistent basis (daily would be my objective).
5. Say” I like you” regularly, you can never ever state it enough.
6. Be an example to my adult children of an honoring marital relationship.
7. Assistance him with the abilities I need to make him successful in his organization.
8. Be his most significant cheerleader